Friday, September 21

Football Recap Week 2

It’s almost the third week of the NFL season and I’m happier than I have any right to be. The Niners are 2-0, though some late game heroics were necessary to pull out a victory against St. Louis last week. I still remember the awful, awful problems we had against the Rams in the last several years so even a squeaky close victory smells like napalm to me. I’m not sure if Alex Smith is anywhere near turning the corner and becoming a productive starting quarterback in the league, but at least he’s not blowing games. And thank you, thank you Niners for improving your defense. I could kiss you Mike Nolan.

In other news, my four fantasy teams have done the semi-impossible by going undefeated. It’s still early, and technically I have one tie against my dad but please don’t pee on my parade. What’s my secret, you may ask? Automated drafts. I also didn’t alter a single draft ranking. Technically I couldn’t make any of my drafts so using automated lists wasn’t exactly my choice, but my computer has proven a better drafter than me. Yes, I realize how depressing this is.

Speaking of depressing, UCLA is done for the season and it’s now only a matter of time before coach Dorrell gets axed. UCLA’s earlier success simply masked a flawed system that has now been exposed. Don’t ask me what’s wrong but I know broke when I see it and UCLA done and went broke.

The UH Warriors are still putting up crazy numbers and I’m looking forward to seeing those numbers pile up before my eyes when they play Charleston Southern this Saturday. Yeah, I don’t know who they are either but that just means it’s going to be an entertaining display of offensive firepower. The real battles will be later in the season when they face Boise State and Washington. Hopefully the Warriors will still be in the rankings at that time and get the national recognition they need for a BCS bid.

How are your teams doing?

1 comment:

Sadie said...

It's been a mixed bag for me. The Broncos are 2-0, which is nice.

The Panthers are 1-1, which is, you know, partly nice and partly not nice.

My fantasy team is sucking hard, and that's not so nice.

I did get DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket, which is SUPER DUPER nice. :)